Electrical service cable failure sparked by water

An improper electrical service cable installation will eventually lead to water entering into your service equipment.  The end result is typically the corrosion and oxidation of your live electrical connections in your meter box or main electrical panel.

The video shows water pouring out of the main electrical service cable when we were in the process of replacing it.  The water made it to the 100 AMP main breaker and over time caused oxidation and deterioration.

The result was the home owner being left with partial power throughout the house.The customer explained the defective cable was only installed 3 years ago.

We recommend

Lauterborn Electric recommends contacting us if your lights are blinking, if you have a rubbery smell near your electrical equipment, or the breakers in your main electrical panel are hot to the touch.

For all of your electrical needs contact your Philadelphia licensed electricians Lauterborn Electric.