There are many variations, sizes, and styles when it comes to ceiling fans. The look and decor of the room should be considered when selecting a ceiling fan. A ceiling fan installed in a room can not only circulate the air but can also enhance the look of the space. A light fixture can be added to a ceiling fan to illuminate the area. When installing a ceiling fan, a junction box that is rated for proper support of the fan is a must. Making sure that the wiring is safe for this application is also another important factor.
- -The ceiling height should be considered. The NEC (National Electrical Code) requires ceiling fan blades not hang down lower than seven feet.
- -Mounting rods are available for higher ceilings.
- -The quality and price of a ceiling fan normally go hand in hand.
- -When choosing a ceiling fan for a bedroom, a quieter fan motor should be part of the equation when selecting the fan.
- -Remote fan controls are also available for convenience.
If the installation of a ceiling fan is not handled properly problems could occur. Fan failure or a fan falling from your ceiling can be the result. Keep your family safe and let your Licensed Electrical Contractor, Lauterborn Electric, install your ceiling fans.