As electrical contractors, we are frequently asked if services should be 100AMP or 200AMP. Many homes have the same basic appliances that require dedicated wiring like washers, refrigerators, disposals, and microwaves. A 100 AMP service can handle these loads as well as your general lighting and outlets. If in addition, you have a combination of an electric oven, heat pump or an electric hot water heater, you more than likely need a 200 AMP service. Essentially, the size of your service is determined by the total calculations of your electrical loads made by a qualified electrician. To have your electrical load calculated, contact your licensed electrical contractor at

The picture on the right depicts a 100AMP panel while the picture on the left displays a 200AMP panel. All work done by Lauterborn Electric.