Skip to content

How Not to Wire a House

by Lauterborn Electric on September 19th, 2016

Lauterborn Electric Lauterborn Electric Lauterborn Electric Lauterborn ElectricLauterborn Electric was called to a home in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia.  The home owner had been doing work on their property without proper permits and was caught by the department of licenses and inspections of the city Philadelphia.  They were gutting the property and redoing the entire house.  The pictures show what we saw as we entered the property. Wiring was not done to code, electric metallic tubing (EMT) was running and multiple wires were stuffed into them which is against code.   This condition can cause overheating and potential hazard.  The bathroom was tapped off from a kitchen circuit which is against code.  No smoke detectors were run which is a safety issue.  Junction boxes were all over the place in what would be drywall covered ceilings and also behind where kitchen cabinets will be. Junction boxes must be accessible in case of a connection going bad. The lack of electrical code knowledge was obvious on this site. The customer was trying to save a buck but now has wiring throughout that no licensed electrician will sign off on.  For all your electrical needs contact your Philadelphia Electrician Lauterborn Electric.  Click Images to Enlarge.

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Note: XHTML is allowed. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS